Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MSN Messenger, Old Version of MSN Messenger
Silkee
post Jul 17 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #1

Mess.bean

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,273

I have MSN Live messenger, but would like the older version 8.0 but everytime I download the older version it won't install without asking for an update which updates me to MSN Live version which I don't want to use, is there any way I can have MSN 8.0 without updating it to MSN Live..Please help me
msn_cry.gif msn_cry.gif msn_cry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jeefsmith
post Jul 23 2009, 07:26 AM
Post #2

Mess.bean

Member No.: 42,321

Hey Silkee, Simply "install MSN MEssenger 8.0. After insallation, shut down the program, browse to msnmsgr.exe (usually under C: -> Program Files -> MSN MESSENGER -> msnmsgr.exe) Then right click on the file and chose Properties -> Compatibility -> Chose "Run this program in compatibility mode for" Windows. Then start up msnmsgr.exe again and it will "rebuild" and not ask to download new version again." Try it out It WORKS!!!.

+Quote Post
Silkee
post Jul 23 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #3

Mess.bean

Member No.: 42,273

QUOTE (jeefsmith @ Jul 23 2009, 02:26 AM) *
Hey Silkee, Simply "install MSN MEssenger 8.0. After insallation, shut down the program, browse to msnmsgr.exe (usually under C: -> Program Files -> MSN MESSENGER -> msnmsgr.exe) Then right click on the file and chose Properties -> Compatibility -> Chose "Run this program in compatibility mode for" Windows. Then start up msnmsgr.exe again and it will "rebuild" and not ask to download new version again." Try it out It WORKS!!!.

Ok ty, I will try that, but I am also having issues with Yahoo messenger as well.
Rigt now I am running Yahoo 810.421 and have tried to update it to 9 but 9 won't install, the installation bar flashes and goes up and down on the percentage line, but never completely installs, or it ends up freezing on me

+Quote Post
memyselfandI
post Apr 1 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #4

Mess.bean

Member No.: 48,268

Is there any trick to remove the lastest version of MSN Messenger (14.0.xxxx)? I previously ran the patched version (8.x) and I was forced to upgrade.

I would like to try again and use the method mentioned here. BTW, MSN messenger doesnt appear in my ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and even running the Windowds Cleanup Tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 didnt work because when I ran the 8.x version, it told me that I still have the new version installed.

Any tips? Thx

+Quote Post
memyselfandI
post Apr 2 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #5

Mess.bean

Member No.: 48,268

^ maybe we need to post in the windows live messenger thread instead? And isnt there a way to find replies to your posts here? The best I can do is find my post but I have no idea how to get to the thread unless I go to the main forum. msn_bareteeth.gif

+Quote Post
jonathan9926
post May 7 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #6

Mess.bean

Member No.: 49,566

I don't think you can use the old one. But why would you want to do that? THe old one may have security issues.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 12:14 AM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.