+Quote Post
thahim
post May 27 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #2

Mess.beggar

Group: Members
Member No.: 934

can we install WLM 8.5 over windows xp?
Reason for edit: Argh! Please don't quote the entirity of the previous post unless totally necessary, especially if it's huge, like Stianu's was. -- Lord d'Eath
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stianu89
post May 27 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #3

AiT

Member No.: 5,422

I dont know

+Quote Post
Russ
post May 27 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #4

mess.behavin'

Member No.: 3,843

1. where did you get it?
2. is it vista only?

+Quote Post
Zahid
post May 27 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #5

Mess.bedlam

Group: *Valued Members
Member No.: 9,482

QUOTE(Russ @ May 27 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]165865[/snapback]
1. where did you get it?
2. is it vista only?

Don't think he's allowed to post the link as it was leaked.

+Quote Post
Inky
post May 27 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #6

Mess.beaver

Member No.: 152

Yes. I'm pretty sure it will work on Windows XP, it just has a Vista-ish skin.
I haven't posted any links (and I won't in the future) because it is an internal build.

Russ: Please don't ask for leaks on the forum.

+Quote Post
.Egroeg
post May 27 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #7

Mess.begoodordie

Member No.: 25,607

Have Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Made An Appearance?

Earlier in the previous week a Spanish Messenger website, Messenger Adictos, posted news that Windows Live Messenger 8.5 does exist. We've done some research and managed to locate the original MessengerAdictos post, and asked Google to translate it for us non-Spanish speakers.

Who still haven't heard about Windows Live Messenger 8.5? Few weeks after the launching of the final version of Windows Live Messenger 8,1 already, rumors began to appear on the development of a new version (WLM 8.5) that even was distributed on online forums. Today we can confirm clearly that the version of WLM 8.5 exists and although until now it's only available for employees of Microsoft, at the moment it will reach all the ready users to prove it. And we say say €œarranged to prove€ because it will be sent as a eta (for testing).

Peculiarly, while version 8.1 contributed a great amount of new features, at the moment the new WLM 8.5 eta would only present three significant changes:

o New design: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 presents a change of design influenced clearly by Windows Vista.
o New installer: that's beside to install Windows Live Mssenger 8.5 will invite us to prove other services of Windows Live as its Search or its Toolbar for Internet to explorer,
o Reinforced security: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 has begun to integrate itself with the new services that OneCare offers, the new product range of security of the Microsoft company.

I have installed the "leaked" version. and took some screenshots regarding it, and would like to hear what you think

The supposed Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta leak is currently only available in Spanish (thanks to a link provided by Messenger Adictos).

For those of you who'd like to give it a try, but noticed that you no longer have Messenger Plus! Live, MenthiX from the MessengerPlus! Live Community had provided some tips as to how to get it (partially) working.

Messenger Plus! does work on this version, just copy msimg32.dll from C:Program FilesMSN Messenger to C:Program FilesWindows LiveMessenger and restart Messenger. msimg32.dll is a file added by Messenger Plus! which makes sure Plus! loads when Messenger is started.

For you StuffPlug 3 users, open up %programfiles%MSN Messenger\ and copy ALL the DLLs (including a hidden ones) to %programfiles%Windows LiveMessenger\ and then re-open WLM and have fun using SP3 again.

MenthiX also has the following to say about the "leak"

There don't seem to be any real new features, but the installer is heavily changed (the REAL installer ES_Install_WLMessenger_8_5.exe signed by Microsoft), and obviously the style/layout has been changed.

"Microsoft seems to be marketing the Windows Live brand more...
- In the startmenu you will find "Windows Live‚šž Messenger" in a "Windows Live" folder
- The ES_Install_WLMessenger_8_5.exe installer says "Windos Live" instead of "Windows Live Messenger"
- Default install path is C:Program FilesWindows LiveMessenger instead of C:Program FilesMSN Messenger
- Rightclick on ES_Install_WLMessenger_8_5.exe > Properties > Version > Internal Name (and Original File name) mention "WLSuite.exe" which suggests it comes from a Windows Live Suite that has multiple products in one installer.

Fellow MsgAddict! staff member, Salem (Who was also among the first to blog about the Messenger 8 leak here, here and here), had the following comments:

...The same thing happened when screenshots of "Messenger 8" appeared (remember the "orange" GUI?), before it was officially renamed to Windows Live Messenger. Many people (myself included) put it down as being fake due to the orange GUI, and also the lack of "MSN" being in the applications name. And look what happened, that turned out to be genuine.

Anyways, the "leak" also also includes a nice new 'Bunny' emoticon with the shortcut of "('.')" which looks like this:

Here are some screenshots of the possible leak:

We've provided a download link below for all those who want a peak, but please remember:
This is not yet an Official Beta, if it is one it is NOT intended for use by the general public and that is it illegal to do so.
Also, features offered by any addons/plugins for Windows Live Messenger 8.1 may not work as expected using this version.

UPDATE: Not a Spanish speaker? Run the installer, once the installation is complete, download and save this file to the folder of the new Windows Live Messenger (%programfiles%Windows Live\Messenger) and replace the one that was already there. This should now turn a Spanish Windows Live Messenger 8.5 into a English one.

Source: Messenger Adictos (Spanish)
Source: Messenger Adictos (English Translation by Google)
Source: Messenger Plus! Live Forums
Download: -removed-
-----
News Source: MsgAdict!

~gjs1992

This post has been edited by gjs1992: May 27 2007, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post
Russ
post May 27 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #8

mess.behavin'

QUOTE(Inky @ May 27 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]165875[/snapback]
Yes. I'm pretty sure it will work on Windows XP, it just has a Vista-ish skin.
I haven't posted any links (and I won't in the future) because it is an internal build.

Russ: Please don't ask for leaks on the forum.

i know im not supposed to, i didnt know it was an internal beta at the time pp.gif.
and stian that tip works pefectly msn_up.gif

+Quote Post
FusionBoy
post May 27 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #9

Mess.beanie

Member No.: 10,899

QUOTE(gjs1992 @ May 27 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]165882[/snapback]
For those of you who'd like to give it a try, but noticed that you no longer have Messenger Plus! Live, MenthiX from the MessengerPlus! Live Community had provided some tips as to how to get it (partially) working.
For you StuffPlug 3 users, open up %programfiles%MSN Messenger\ and copy ALL the DLLs (including a hidden ones) to %programfiles%Windows LiveMessenger\ and then re-open WLM and have fun using SP3 again.

Just what I think: When you copy all the dlls, you practically use 8.1 again? O.o WLM consists of dlls, when you copy the 8.1 dlls you lose the functionality of 8.5? pp.gif

Or is this thought wrong?

+Quote Post
Russ
post May 27 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #10

mess.behavin'

not all, the dll he copies is not in the new version... msg plus just needs it to operate....

+Quote Post
hmaster
post May 27 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Mess.beanbagfoo
Group Icon

Group: *Valued Members
Member No.: 237

You can also make Stuff Plug (mostly) work, if you copy the msacm32.dll into the Windows Live/Messenger folder msn_happy.gif.

+Quote Post
.Egroeg
post May 28 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #12

Mess.begoodordie

Member No.: 25,607

QUOTE(FusionBoy @ May 27 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]165909[/snapback]
Just what I think: When you copy all the dlls, you practically use 8.1 again? O.o WLM consists of dlls, when you copy the 8.1 dlls you lose the functionality of 8.5? pp.gif

Or is this thought wrong?

I meant it as "All the left DLLs in the folder" not "All WLM 8.1's DLLs". pp.gif

~gjs1992

+Quote Post
Matti
post May 28 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #13

Mess.beanie

Member No.: 11,818

QUOTE(gjs1992 @ May 28 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]165948[/snapback]
I meant it as "All the left DLLs in the folder" not "All WLM 8.1's DLLs". pp.gif

~gjs1992

I only copied msacm32.dll and StuffPlug ran perfectly again. (except of some broken features, of course pp.gif)

+Quote Post
w.vela
post May 29 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #14

Mess.bean

Member No.: 27,516

i found that it cannot record the chat log via msgplus live on my msg8.5.

does anyone have the problem as me?

+Quote Post
loicb54
post May 29 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #15

Mess.bean

Member No.: 27,524

Hello,
I don't have the lighting on the taskbar (normal > orange) when i received a new message, it's normal?

+Quote Post
Russ
post May 29 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #16

mess.behavin'

QUOTE(loicb54 @ May 29 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]166075[/snapback]
Hello,
I don't have the lighting on the taskbar (normal > orange) when i received a new message, it's normal?

do you have msg plus! live? and do you have tabs enabled? you need to disable them if you do

+Quote Post
loicb54
post May 29 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #17

Mess.bean

Member No.: 27,524

QUOTE(Russ @ May 29 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]166076[/snapback]
do you have msg plus! live? and do you have tabs enabled? you need to disable them if you do

Thx , it need to wait a new release of MSG PLUS LIVE now ... i love the tabs function

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th February 2019 - 02:00 AM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.