> Connecting printer to wireless network
mr_counsella
post Jun 4 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #1

Mess.bedbug

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,332

Hi

I used to have my printer connected to my wireless router, which allowed for all computers connected to my wireless network to print straight to the printer. I've now had to connect the printer to my pc via usb instead as it would not print properly when connected to the router alone.

The computer that the printer is connected to has a wireless adaptor to connect to the router. I was wandering if anyone knew how to send files to the printer through the wireless computer to the computer and then to the printer.

I have a HP PhotoSmart 2575 All-in-one printer with both ethernet and usb ports.

Your help will be much appreciated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord d'Eath
post Jun 5 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Web2Messenger Creator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,988

Assuming you're running Windows, just go into control panel -> printers, right-click the printer in question and hit "share". Go through the wizard and you'll be done. Then you just need to connect to that printer from other computers (done in a number of ways - either by typing "\\<PRINTER-SHARING COMPUTER NAME>" [e.g. \\mypc], going to the "printers" share and then installing the printer that should hopefully be listed there, or by using the Add Printer Wizard from control panel -> printers on the client PCs).

Hopefully I haven't misunderstood, and your problem really is as simple as that msn_happy.gif

+Quote Post
mr_counsella
post Jun 10 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #3

Mess.bedbug

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,332

Thanks for your reply. I've managed to get it to work now. For some reason it just didnt want to work at that particular time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2018 - 06:25 PM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.