IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Wish List of future features, The Messenger team gathered a dozen...
If you had to vote for one of these features to be included in a future version, what would it be?
If you had to vote for one of these features to be included in a future version, what would it be?
Contact/group unique behaviors (eg. custom sound when contact signs in) [ 3 ] ** [3.75%]
Polygamy/Support for multiple accounts (contact lists) simultaneously [ 5 ] ** [6.25%]
Spelling checker for conversations [ 7 ] ** [8.75%]
Tabbed conversations [ 11 ] ** [13.75%]
Auto-installation of updates and fixes without downloading a whole new messenger [ 8 ] ** [10.00%]
Different statuses for different groups or contacts [ 25 ] ** [31.25%]
An easier way to invite friends and family to download and install and join the Windows Live Messenger community [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Animated display pictures or custom avatars (or other enhanced personalization/online presence features) [ 12 ] ** [15.00%]
Stored and searchable chat history (Improved?) [ 2 ] ** [2.50%]
Better formatting of text within individual IMs (eg. bold, underline, colors, fonts) [ 4 ] ** [5.00%]
Easier/better search for [new] contacts - maybe a directory of Messenger users or better integration with spaces for finding WLM users there? [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
N-way audio/video conferencing [ 3 ] ** [3.75%]
Total Votes: 80
Guests cannot vote 
Poom
post Jun 4 2007, 09:07 AM
Post #21

Mess.beanie

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,938

Is it only me that thinks the list is kind of basic?

Actual skins so we don't have to install/repair every time we change the skin? I know MS would never implement that, but that'd be lovely.
More advanced time stamp, as in customizable formatting?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emil2k
post Jun 22 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #22

Mess.bean

Member No.: 17,077

I would like to have a function like Xfire, that shows what game someones playing, in the Personal Message place, like when you listen to music it shows what song you listen to, like that but it shows what game someone plays, would be great for gamers =)
Just got one more idea of this, you could make a status: Playing.

One more thing, when you hold the mouse on someone in contact list and it popups an information box, you could add an indicator that shows if the contact has you on list or not like this
Has you: No/Yes
If you make this it would be great to clean up the contact list if someone has removed you then its no idea to have them on your contact list.

Could be nice:
Add like the one above but Block:
Blocked you: No/Yes

thx for your time reading my ideas.

This post has been edited by Emil2k: Jun 22 2007, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
stuartbennett
post Jun 22 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #23

Mess.bedbug

Member No.: 14,179

QUOTE(Emil2k @ Jun 22 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]167116[/snapback]
I would like to have a function like Xfire, that shows what game someones playing, in the Personal Message place, like when you listen to music it shows what song you listen to, like that but it shows what game someone plays, would be great for gamers =)
Just got one more idea of this, you could make a status: Playing.

One more thing, when you hold the mouse on someone in contact list and it popups an information box, you could add an indicator that shows if the contact has you on list or not like this
Has you: No/Yes
If you make this it would be great to clean up the contact list if someone has removed you then its no idea to have them on your contact list.

Could be nice:
Add like the one above but Block:
Blocked you: No/Yes

thx for your time reading my ideas.

i think these ideas are great, maybe one day microsoft will listen to what we want lol.

+Quote Post
lifo2001
post Jun 30 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #24

Mess.bean

Member No.: 19,666

Recording of video and audio conversations would be very cool.
Also a Usb stick client version of WLM that could be synced with the desktop computer.
Thats what i would like to see in the near future.

+Quote Post
Mad_Griffith
post Jul 1 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #25

The ProGMaN

Member No.: 3,512

Different statuses for different groups or contacts
Built-in custom theme manager

+Quote Post
OBrasilo
post Jul 27 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #26

Mess.beanie

Member No.: 24,278

First of all, I'ld like them to add the Shared folders support for FAT32 partitions as well. It's a bit annoying, that they basically force you to have your System partition formatted as NTFS, just in order to use a feature, which has nothing to do with the file system itself. Then, polygamy/multiple accounts, possibly even with tabbed contact lists, would be great as well. As third, I definitely agree on a feature to easily back up, and import, your smilies, display pictures, etc., and possibly your font settings as well. Then of course, different statuses for different groups, because I would sometimes like to appear as busy to some people, but on-line to other people, and currently, this is still impossible. An option to choose between the MSN Messenger 7.x, Windows Live Messenger 8.0/8.1, and Windows Live Messenger 8.5 styles would also be very useful indeed.
In the end, I'd also wish an options to choose one or more Operators in a Group Conversation (and of course, that the one who created the Group Conversation would automatically have not the Operator status in it, but also be un-kickable, and un-Bannable from it), which could then kick, and Ban people from the Group Conversation - also, a way to join both Group Conversations that you started, and those that you participated in, after getting sent out of it (either because you get kicked, or something else), would be nice. Oh, and finally fix the annoying "Due to temporary network problems, you are not in this conversation anymore" bug (which kicks you out of a Group Conversation, when the connection is 100% alright), please. msn_wink.gif

+Quote Post
TheSteve
post Jul 31 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #27

The Man from Japan

Member No.: 9,636

QUOTE(OBrasilo @ Jul 28 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]168433[/snapback]
add the Shared folders support for FAT32 partitions as well. It's a bit annoying, that they basically force you to have your System partition formatted as NTFS, just in order to use a feature, which has nothing to do with the file system itself.

Nothing to do with the file system? It has everything to do with the file system. They aren't just being tyrannical pp.gif
Take a look at the following video which explains a bit about how messenger works and what they had to do to make the File sharing feature work even with NTFS.
http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=215459

This post has been edited by TheSteve: Jul 31 2007, 07:24 AM

+Quote Post
level42
post Jul 31 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #28

Mess.be 19th

Member No.: 10,204

Docking.

I.E ICQ, the ablilty to anchor it on the right hand side and permantly take up thats space .... msn_rolleyes.gif ... just for convience purposes ...

+Quote Post
NewBreeze
post Aug 1 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #29

Mess.beetle

Member No.: 29,135

i have to agree, docking would be nice and i dont think its too hard to add that to messenger...

+Quote Post
thahim
post Nov 21 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #30

Mess.beggar

Member No.: 934

i would like to have life to personal message and nick name. something thats hyper.. moving... may be animated stuff in psm.. and custom emoticons in psm as well as nick name.

colored nick names, different fonts, text formating in nick name (bold, italic, underline, strike through).

hyperlinks in psm...

docking, window placing, contact search , all these are great ideas but not much attractive... so it shouldn't be given preference

+ there should be something that user can change at server side... like anonymous chatting....

This post has been edited by thahim: Nov 21 2007, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Nov 21 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #31

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 870

Animated names and personal messages may prove to be a tad memory intensive would it not? Kinda painful on the eyes too.
Custom emoticons in names and psm would hog memory as you would have to wait for them to download.
Guess you can add coloured names and bold etc although thats been a long time feature of Messenger Plus (except for fonts)
Isn't hyperlinks in psm a feature of 9.0?

+Quote Post
thahim
post Nov 22 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #32

Mess.beggar

Member No.: 934

QUOTE(Natalie. @ Nov 21 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]171716[/snapback]
Animated names and personal messages may prove to be a tad memory intensive would it not? Kinda painful on the eyes too.
Custom emoticons in names and psm would hog memory as you would have to wait for them to download.
Guess you can add coloured names and bold etc although thats been a long time feature of Messenger Plus (except for fonts)
Isn't hyperlinks in psm a feature of 9.0?

Animated names and psm will take much memory that we think, but programmers at microsoft - can take out different ideas to impliment it, they can do it with some other way that won't take memory (may be)

text formating is a features of Messenger Plus, not msn. So MSG PLus should be installted on both clients to be able to view this thing.

+everyone can intall msgplus, and some people also don't want to install it.

+Quote Post
noonee
post Nov 22 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #33

Mess.bean

Member No.: 31,871

SELECT ALL OPTION IN THE CONTACT LIST!!!!
U GOTTA ADD ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

+Quote Post
Nehemoth
post Nov 27 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #34

Mess.bedbug

Member No.: 11,933

Encryption that's all what I want.

+Quote Post
peter05
post Dec 3 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #35

peter

Member No.: 12,284

I'm not sure if this feature is already out there, but last time i was added into a conversation with a blocked person on my contact list, we both could talk. The ability to block this person (ignore them) in the conversation, without having to leave the conversation and create a new one would be good. Also if emotions aren't loading, the ability to see the letter instead- some people use lots of letters for words and they don't load straight away so you have to right click on the emotions and work out what the person is saying.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 09:22 AM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.