Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyway to make webcam bigger?
tykethat
post Dec 26 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #1

Mess.bean

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,586

In the new msn/wlm 9 the webcams always look really small (maybe just under twice the width of display pic and a little higher than them) but it just looks really small when viewing them, is there any way to make it bigger? In the old msn you could choose small, medium or large.

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lisabelfast
post Dec 28 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #2

Mess.bean

Member No.: 39,137

you can also make ur webcam bigger with the new msn were ur display pic is the we tranigle thing that point`s down just click that and u can make it bigger that way .... how i make my webcam bigger msn_grin.gif

+Quote Post
AdamVester
post Dec 30 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Mess.beta

Member No.: 11,128

QUOTE (lisabelfast @ Dec 28 2008, 05:42 PM) *
you can also make ur webcam bigger with the new msn were ur display pic is the we tranigle thing that point`s down just click that and u can make it bigger that way .... how i make my webcam bigger msn_grin.gif

i just wanna no how to mirrow webcam image its doing my nut in.. started to tattoo and all the tattoos i done with words in are backwards on cam errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! no webcam options to do it for some reason.. there are webcam options in the setup audio and video but it still hasnt got the box to mirror cam.

+Quote Post
tykethat
post Jan 1 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #4

Mess.bean

QUOTE (tykethat @ Dec 26 2008, 10:17 PM) *
In the new msn/wlm 9 the webcams always look really small (maybe just under twice the width of display pic and a little higher than them) but it just looks really small when viewing them, is there any way to make it bigger? In the old msn you could choose small, medium or large.

thanks

hi, thanks for the reply. I've tried going to the arrow and selecting size but the only size listed under there is 'small', I would have expected there to be medium and large as well but there isn't, which is odd. Actually, the display pic's only have the options of small and medium too, is that wrong as well? ie should large be there with them?

I should add that this is when viewing cams, not showing cams. I haven't tried showing one

+Quote Post
Abhimanyu
post Jan 1 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #5

Mess.BelieveItOrNot!

Member No.: 6,604

QUOTE (AdamVester @ Dec 31 2008, 02:59 AM) *
i just wanna no how to mirrow webcam image its doing my nut in.. started to tattoo and all the tattoos i done with words in are backwards on cam errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! no webcam options to do it for some reason.. there are webcam options in the setup audio and video but it still hasnt got the box to mirror cam.

I had the same problem. I do it using the software that came with the webcam. If Its inbuilt , right click go to properties and then mirror image. msn_happy.gif
somthing like this. msn_happy.gif

+Quote Post
AdamVester
post Jan 1 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #6

Mess.beta

QUOTE (Abhimanyu @ Jan 1 2009, 02:49 PM) *
I had the same problem. I do it using the software that came with the webcam. If Its inbuilt , right click go to properties and then mirror image. msn_happy.gif
somthing like this. msn_happy.gif

dont got any softwhere cheap webcam no of any that are good to use?

+Quote Post
Stigmata
post Jan 2 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #7

Mess.betterthanyours
Group Icon

Group: Supervisor
Member No.: 79

Changing Webcam Size

In a webcam conversation, click the little arrow to the top left of the webcam image

Once you have done this, scroll down to the menu option called "Size" and select whichever size you require

+Quote Post
tykethat
post Jan 3 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #8

Mess.bean

thanks a lot Stigmata but that's just confused me even more lol I've just tried that, going down to size but while you have the options of small, medium or large, i've only got small, the other two simply arent there at all msn_confused.gif any idea why that might be? They were there in the older versions of msn

+Quote Post
Rikupsoni
post Jan 8 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #9

Mess.bean

Member No.: 39,703

There seem to be even bigger problems, such as not being able to put the webcam on (because the texts enabling the camera are just grey and not clickable).

Only the line for video call works, not if you just wan't to enable webcamera or request someone else to do it. And in video call you can't see your own camera footage, it just shows like you didn't have camera. Tested it twice with a friend.. Friends weren't able to ask for webcam either who had 2009.

The buttons just won't work.. no reason for that, just a bug.

This version 2009 is just cursed when trying to use webcam.. I only got it on when a friend with 2008 version requested, and I had the annoying mirrored view on as well... msn_sleepy.gif

This post has been edited by Rikupsoni: Jan 8 2009, 10:54 PM

+Quote Post
AdamVester
post Jan 9 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #10

Mess.beta

yeah the other thing i noticed about the webcam thing was i was on cam to a friend the other day and it apeared a mirror image to me so text was backwards on cam looking at cam from my end.. but his end cam was the right way so he could read text fine without having to read it backwards msn_confused.gif

strange stuff with WLM 9 and webcams hopefully the WLM team will notice our comments and nagging and sort it out sometime. i have sent them some feedback on it but they have 1000's of questions chucked at them i am guessing so who knows if they will read it and check it out.

+Quote Post
Rikupsoni
post Jan 10 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #11

Mess.bean

Member No.: 39,703

QUOTE (AdamVester @ Jan 9 2009, 10:47 PM) *
yeah the other thing i noticed about the webcam thing was i was on cam to a friend the other day and it apeared a mirror image to me so text was backwards on cam looking at cam from my end.. but his end cam was the right way so he could read text fine without having to read it backwards msn_confused.gif

strange stuff with WLM 9 and webcams hopefully the WLM team will notice our comments and nagging and sort it out sometime. i have sent them some feedback on it but they have 1000's of questions chucked at them i am guessing so who knows if they will read it and check it out.

Where did you send feedback? Just asking if there's some official way to do it / email whatever.

+Quote Post
AdamVester
post Jan 10 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #12

Mess.beta

QUOTE (Rikupsoni @ Jan 10 2009, 12:22 PM) *
Where did you send feedback? Just asking if there's some official way to do it / email whatever.

its on the site somewhere cant remember what one it was now but its on there where u download wlm. i think there is a newsgroup aswell u can make suggestions but i cant remember ant used that for a while.

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Jan 11 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #13

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 870

I think if you click on the Help menu in WLM there should be an option to send feedback there.

+Quote Post
iclaudiusuk
post Feb 1 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #14

Mess.bean

Member No.: 40,087

On this new 2009 build, you only get a small or medium option. I did see a full screen option elsewhere on the chat page, but I cannot find it now...

This post has been edited by iclaudiusuk: Feb 1 2009, 02:18 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th February 2019 - 08:39 PM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.