Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dynamic Background Creation
Foozball
post Nov 26 2008, 06:18 AM
Post #1

Mess.bean

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,050

Hey, sorry if i'm breaking any rules here.. (first post)
umm.. i jus wanted to find something and dunno where to look
--blab ends here--
can som1 tell me if it is possible to create a dynamic background?? ive been searching around and i'm yet to find anything really.. i did find some place that let me download dynamic backgrounds.. (was a mco file?) but i couldnt get it installed... (the supplied installer didnt seem to work)
anyway.. i duno its jus annoying me a tad cos i'd enjoy making a custom dynamic background for a few reasons..
but if there are other ways to do any of the following.. pls do tell me (i'm thinking it might be related to skinning?
1. Adding an image or something (pref semi transparent) at specific locations of a conversation window (that wont resize when the window is resized
2. The optimal size for msn bg's are some crappy small size (600x800ish?) ne way whenever i maximise my window nomatter how large the original image is.. it get compleatly crappy n blockish...
3. is it possible to make it so msn doesnt lighten the background? (around the main conversation area)

anyway i think all these things could be solved if i could make a dynamic background.. however if there are other ways please do tell..

if it matters.. i belive i'm using windows live messsenger 8.5, and i also have the stuff plug installed
and yes .. i'm really picky about this crap..
Cheers for reading
~Foo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
level42
post Nov 26 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #2

Mess.be 19th

Member No.: 10,204

Sure, you can, but I don't think you'll ever find a way to licence it.

From what i remember, and its been a while since I touched apon this topic, both dynamic display pictures and wallpapers are encoded with a licence from microsoft. I believe they are just native flash files converted to MCO and encrypted with a lincence.
BTW, Welcome to Mess.Be! Enjoy your stay msn_happy.gif

This post has been edited by level42: Nov 26 2008, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post
Foozball
post Nov 27 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #3

Mess.bean

Member No.: 39,050

.. licence??? errm hmm i'm jus planning to make them for personal use.. do i need the licence to encode it so msn will allow it or something?? *a lil confused*

hmm since the last post i've explored a lil... i'm currently using the evo skin and i'm thinking i can prolly solve my problems with skinning.. but we'll c i guess hahaa

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 11:01 PM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.