> Messenger crashing right after login.
Rating 5 V
goku262002
post Nov 25 2012, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Official Burger King Master.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,435

Hello guys. Don't think anyone is left here but I might as well give this a shot.

For the past couple weeks or so, I haven't been able to sign in to WLM without it crashing right afterwards. everytime I try to login I'm welcomed by this after my messenger logs in:

Has anyone else been experencing this?

My messenger is Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416)
My OS is Windows XP SP3

If you guys need any other techincal information let me know. thanks for the help.

EDIT: After playing around with it for a bit, it doesn't seem to be crashing right away anymore but it seems to completely seize up when I try clicking on someones name on messenger. it also freezes up when someone tries to contact me as well.

I can stay logged in and everything but if I try do anything instant messenger related it locks up.

This post has been edited by goku262002: Nov 25 2012, 07:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
goku262002
post Nov 28 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #2

Official Burger King Master.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,435

I finally figured out what the problem was.

You see, I use "Messenger Plus!" if no body knows what that is its like the Messpatch an add-on that expands the features WLM doesn't have. they just updated to 6.0 and it caused some kind of incompatibility with version 2009 of WLM. Other users are reporting the issue at the moment but the temporary solution is to roll back to the previous version of Plus! which I did.

So for now until the bug is fixed I have to stay with a previous version of Plus! but everything works fine now.

Feel free to close this.

This post has been edited by goku262002: Nov 28 2012, 08:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 04:42 PM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.