Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey
peter05
post Mar 12 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #1

peter

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,284

Just thought I'd say hey, it's been a while. Is anyone alive in here still, seems like its just getting over run by spam bots.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Mar 13 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #2

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 870

I'm here. I seem to be the only one. This place is dead and gone.

+Quote Post
dizee
post Mar 13 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Mess.beagle

Member No.: 12,092

Im still here, didn't know you was still around here Nat haha msn_grin.gif

But yeah, unfortunately, this place has passed on msn_cry.gif

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Mar 13 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

I have no life msn_tongue.gif

+Quote Post
peter05
post Mar 14 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #5

peter

I'm interested to know what went wrong. Windows Live Messenger is still quite popular.

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Mar 14 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

No website update. No mess patch. People gave up.

+Quote Post
peter05
post Mar 15 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #7

peter

Was it the site that gave up or the people or just something in the middle? The problem is if a site gives up usually its audience does to.

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Mar 15 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

I have no idea. I think it was a case of people dissapearing off the planet (e.g. Rolando, Dwergs etc) and then people giving up waiting. To be honnest I don't blame them. I've never given up msn_grin.gif but I've decided the update plus mess patch won't happen or at least any time soon. No one has told me that but it is my opinion and I'm sure most other people feel the same hence giving up and not coming back.

Ah well you never know having this little conversation going might spark things back up again. Then again we've had little conversations in the past and then it has died again. Oh well!

I'm not hugely convinced people use messenger as much these days. It's all about social networking websites now like Facebook! I was off messenger for a while as no one came online any more and even now I only tend to be on it for a short amount of time as I have more important things to do.

+Quote Post
Guest_wilsonbill79_*
post Mar 18 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #9

Guests

I am new here.. i am a MSN messenger fan.. i use it on daily basic

+Quote Post
level42
post Mar 24 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #10

Mess.be 19th

Member No.: 10,204

QUOTE (Natalie. @ Mar 15 2010, 03:01 PM) *
I'm not hugely convinced people use messenger as much these days. It's all about social networking websites now like Facebook! I was off messenger for a while as no one came online any more and even now I only tend to be on it for a short amount of time as I have more important things to do.

It seems you would be correct, even with these new messenger launches such as the upcoming Wave 4. No one seems interested. I mean when I was active I was some 16 year old who loved MSN, now I seem to have grown up and find better things to do with my time. I feel most users here have done the same and the next generation of teens are to distracted by things like facebook and myspace to worry about MSN.

It seems that the community is dead, the product is dying and the need for such a community is out the window.

Its a shame really, I have so many glorious memories here from my nerdy computer days. It doesn't seem like there are any intentiorns to close the forums however, which is always a good thing, I still like to come in and check on all my old Mess.Be friends from time to time.

Glad to see a few of you are still kicking around, Natalie. msn_wink.gif lol ... I'm sure I'll be back in about 6 month to a year to say hello again.

I miss you guys. msn_sad.gifmsn_brokenheart.gif

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Mar 24 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

There's an upcoming wave 4? I didn't know anything about that.

I've never got into things like Facebook and stuff. I don't see the need to tell everyone what you are doing at that moment or what are you thinking. It's like who cares that you are hungry? The only thing I like about it is that I've got in touch with my old school friends who I hadn't seen since I was like 10 and I'm interested to see what they have been up to since I last spoke to them.

+Quote Post
level42
post Mar 24 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #12

Mess.be 19th

Yup, see here:

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Mar 25 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

I don't like the contact list. I guess the highlights it's like the What's new thing. I haven't got the whats new showing. The all/available/more/add etc seems rather large too. I see they've now added tabbed chats?

I guess though it's like when version 14 came out I didn't like it. I've now got used to it and like it now.

+Quote Post
level42
post Mar 26 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #14

Mess.be 19th

Yea, I really don't like this new build 15 either, its bloated and tacky and contains tons of info I don't care about.

+Quote Post
anonymousjon
post Apr 14 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #15

aka: JonT

Group: *Valued Members
Member No.: 295

im still about too, I tried contacting dwergs a couple of months ago to ask what the deal was but never really got a reply. dwergs has been hanging out at his new site http://www.reface.me a facebook layouts, hacks, profile pictures, apps and general facebook related stuff site

as for Wave 4 its being built to be more like a social hub bringing all your social networks like twitter and facebook directly into messenger, this even includes windows live messenger to facebook chat features.

The leaked version featured above is an old milestone 2 build they are currently on M3 with M4 coming fairly soon. A lot has changed between 2 and 3 including a lot of improvements to the layout msn_happy.gif

This post has been edited by anonymousjon: Apr 14 2010, 02:23 AM

+Quote Post
peter05
post Apr 27 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #16

peter

I think Windows Live Messenger is still quite popular but people don't want to do anything to it. I have lots of regular contacts online, but people just use it to talk, they don't really mess around with it.

Is it just me or has there been little information than usual for the upcoming version of Windows Live Messenger?

+Quote Post
Abhimanyu
post May 11 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #17

Mess.BelieveItOrNot!

Member No.: 6,604

Hey everyone! msn_happy.gif

I like the tabbed convos. But its like windows is messing with messenger and not letting us to anything. Soon they'll add plugins and Plus would die out soon too. Hope this forum gets a life. msn_happy.gif

Edit: Haha! one more post to go for 900! msn_wink.gif

This post has been edited by Abhimanyu: May 11 2010, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
Revolution
post May 14 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #18

Mess.beaver

Member No.: 92

Not been here in years.

+Quote Post
Jase
post May 14 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #19

Jea ● ye ● se

Group: *Valued Members
Member No.: 30

I still think this community can make a return.. before it used to be about Windows live messenger, Customization & Plus.. Maybe if we expand the site to say; Windows live Messenger, AIM, Trillian, Digsby, Adium, iPhone/ Android Messenger...etc

We could get an assorted type of community? What say Ye? The site can be changed to Mess with Messenger so it targets all messenger clients.

I feel we can bring back the community by doing this, so again.. I say; What say Ye?

+Quote Post
dwergs
post May 14 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #20

Mess.iah
Group Icon

Group: Dwergs
Member No.: 2

Wow, Nathalie, you're die hard! That's great! And Jase, I love your immortal trust!

For the others, it's really interesting to still see some activity here. Seriously.

To be entirely honest, I lost my passion for Messenger and my devotion to Microsoft products last year due to a combination of personal and professional circumstances. And as some of you know, for a while now I've been exploring Facebook, which has clearly outgrown Windows Live Messenger in popularity. Are you guys on Facebook? Do you use it more intensely than Messenger? I know I do. And I agree with peter05 in a way, believing that for many 1st & 2nd generation "Messers" their employment of Messenger has reverted to its core functionality.

Anyway, I'm interested in your thoughts on this. And if anyone agrees with Jase.

By the way, I just purged thousands and thousands of user accounts with less than 1 post, simply because 99% of them were spam. Probably deleted some innocent folks too ─my apologies to those affected─ but there was no better solution to get rid of the crap. I believe the forum's now as clean as it can be (feel free to contradict if otherwise).

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 06:03 PM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.