> Mess Patch for Windows Live Messenger 9
Rating 4 V
riahc3
post Nov 28 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Mess.beagle

Group: Members
Member No.: 719

The (second) question on everyone's mind: Mess Patch for Windows Live Messenger 9 (The first being A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 9)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ricktendo64
post Nov 28 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #2

Mess.bean

Member No.: 32,045

I second the request msn_wink.gif

And thank you guys for all for your hard work msn_grin.gif

This post has been edited by ricktendo64: Nov 28 2007, 06:39 PM

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Nov 28 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #3

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 870

I doubt there will be one just yet considering it's a private beta.

A Patch however http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=23035

Although you should not be using any patches or ad-ons when testing messenger.

+Quote Post
Rolando
post Nov 30 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #4

Eliminate the hate...
Group Icon

Group: VIP
Member No.: 39

Mess Patch is in the works msn_wink.gif

+Quote Post
~!~Alou$hka~!~
post Nov 30 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #5

ya ALi :)

Member No.: 15,143

lol rolando... waiting for it
ma bti2 l tags wel e3lenet msn_confused.gif pp.gif

+Quote Post
riahc3
post Dec 1 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #6

Mess.beagle

Member No.: 719

QUOTE(Natalie. @ Nov 28 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]171909[/snapback]
Although you should not be using any patches or ad-ons when testing messenger.

Yes but it tests Messenger in all possible configs and enviroments so yes I think testing Messenger like this is also a good idea.

+Quote Post
mizur
post Dec 11 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #7

Mess.beanie

Member No.: 32,323

Yes this is a private Beta, but there have been other private beta's in the past and all of them have been released thru p2p, and all of them got their own Mess Patch.

So please im actually begging... :'(

Let us have a Mess Patch for WLM 9!!!

Please!!!! msn_embarrassed.gif

Thanks. msn_happy.gif

+Quote Post
~!~Alou$hka~!~
post Dec 27 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #8

where is it???

+Quote Post
.Egroeg
post Dec 27 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #9

Mess.begoodordie

Member No.: 25,607

Rolando, DO NOT RELEASE A MESS PATCH FOR 9.0!
Considering WLM9 beting a very Private Beta forces you to respect that, and as well, testing Messenger while it's patched is highly discouraged because most of the bugs reported wouldn't be valid.
Btw, Ali, quit talking in random Arabic, oh and, quit abusing signature sounds.

+Quote Post
~!~Alou$hka~!~
post Dec 28 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #10

u just hate my sound signature cuz it scared ur mum last time hehe no?pp.gif and about the patch u dont use it... but i want it

This post has been edited by ~!~Alou$hka~!~: Dec 28 2007, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post
Link_of_Hyrule
post Jan 3 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #11

Mess.bean

Member No.: 32,756

MessPatch Light updated for 9.0 Beta

Rolando says:
After a week's delay of Mess Patch's release, it's unfortunate to say that Mess Patch is still in the works... Bear with us messers, the release is going to be worth the wait msn_wink.gif

In case you need Mess Patch like a drug, then we are offering a smaller doze with MessPatch Light, which has just been updated for the new 9.0 beta build (and all future 9.0 releases). To launch MessPatch Light click on the button on the left panel.

I don't see a download anywhere on this site for MessPatch Light where is it located? Am I misunderstanding this news post?

EDIT: Just wondering for the new mess patch could you add in Large Display picture and large webcam window options like you use to have in the older mess patches?

This post has been edited by Link_of_Hyrule: Jan 3 2008, 08:29 AM

+Quote Post
Zahidô
post Jan 3 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #12

Mess.bedlam

Group: *Valued Members
Member No.: 9,482

QUOTE(Link_of_Hyrule @ Jan 3 2008, 08:16 AM) [snapback]172562[/snapback]
I don't see a download anywhere on this site for MessPatch Light where is it located? Am I misunderstanding this news post?

On the left hand side of the site under the google ads.

+Quote Post
eatmyshorts!
post Jan 5 2008, 05:05 AM
Post #13

Mess.bean

Member No.: 32,794

There is a conspiracy theory going round in several mexican boards, the theory is about this site and/or mess patch developers being in bed with microsoft.

This has been said ever since mess patch began with the no so subtle warning to users against disabling advertisement, so no subtle in fact that many first time or unexperienced patch users dont actually know how to remove them.

Come on, the creators of the patch that removes advertisement now ask us not to remove it?????

I really dont think microsoft is going to lose any money or sleep nor cancel the WLM project cause we patch it, do you?

And now this "delay" on the mess patch...

The "explanation" given by messmod Natalie on this thread adds to the confusion, she says: "I doubt there will be one just yet considering it's a private beta. Although you should not be using any patches or ad-ons when testing messenger."

What????

There have been mess patches published on this site even before the actual updates on beta versions are released, so what's going on now?.

I just wanna know, what's going on?

I don't care if the patch is going to be released tomorrow or next week, i just wanna know if it's going to be released at all, or if the patchers are on vacation, wich is only fair, or if someone's girlfriend burned their computer with the entire code in a jealous rage, that's understandable.

But no news, no patch, no nothing just breeds uncertainty.

+Quote Post
Steel Froggy
post Jan 6 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #14

Mess.bean

Member No.: 32,814

QUOTE(eatmyshorts! @ Jan 4 2008, 10:05 PM) [snapback]172588[/snapback]
There is a conspiracy theory going round in several mexican boards, the theory is about this site and/or mess patch developers being in bed with microsoft.

This has been said ever since mess patch began with the no so subtle warning to users against disabling advertisement, so no subtle in fact that many first time or unexperienced patch users dont actually know how to remove them.

Come on, the creators of the patch that removes advertisement now ask us not to remove it?????

I really dont think microsoft is going to lose any money or sleep nor cancel the WLM project cause we patch it, do you?

The "explanation" given by messmod Natalie on this thread adds to the confusion, she says: "I doubt there will be one just yet considering it's a private beta. Although you should not be using any patches or ad-ons when testing messenger."

What????

There have been mess patches published on this site even before the actual updates on beta versions are released, so what's going on now?.

I don't care if the patch is going to be released tomorrow or next week, i just wanna know if it's going to be released at all, or if the patchers are on vacation, wich is only fair, or if someone's girlfriend burned their computer with the entire code in a jealous rage, that's understandable.

I'm sorry and I hate to go against mess.be, but this is what I've been thinking yet have never said it. Especially the fact how WLM 9.0 was on this site for a few days (to my knowledge), then was taken off as if nothing ever happened. I don't know why you guys are doing this, but all it's really doing is driving people away from this site, and they're getting the beta other places.
If people want the beta, they'll get it, I'd just have preferred to obtain it here rather than a more 'untrustworthy' location.

Again, i'm not sure what's going on, but... it's generally not good.

Anyways, I see you've got messlite fixed for the new beta, however it's still lacking the one feature that I've loved most, boosting the character limit. pp.gif
Add that in there and I'll shut up and stop conspiracing about you guys until it's FINALLY released. pp.gif
(Which I'm assuming it will be eventually)

EDIT: There's always A-Patch, but I've never trusted it as much, and quite frankly it's just not as good. pp.gif

This post has been edited by Steel Froggy: Jan 6 2008, 01:05 AM

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Jan 6 2008, 01:15 AM
Post #15

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 870

QUOTE(eatmyshorts! @ Jan 5 2008, 05:05 AM) [snapback]172588[/snapback]

What????

The reason I said it may not be released is because yes they do get released for betas but if I remember correctly they haven't for every single one straight away due to it being a private beta. And other people have also said like I have it's not a good idea while testing because you cannot always tell if the bug is the messenger client or has been caused by patching it.

About the leak downloads being posted on the front page an then removed again is because it is illegal and we don't encourage illegal activity. Though why on the front page they are sometimes posted and not removed I don't know.

+Quote Post
eatmyshorts!
post Jan 6 2008, 06:24 AM
Post #16

Mess.bean

QUOTE(Natalie. @ Jan 6 2008, 01:15 AM) [snapback]172608[/snapback]
The reason I said it may not be released is because yes they do get released for betas but if I remember correctly they haven't for every single one straight away due to it being a private beta. And other people have also said like I have it's not a good idea while testing because you cannot always tell if the bug is the messenger client or has been caused by patching it.

About the leak downloads being posted on the front page an then removed again is because it is illegal and we don't encourage illegal activity. Though why on the front page they are sometimes posted and not removed I don't know.

Once again, this site has released several patches for beta versions just remember all the patches released for 8.1 and all the way thru 8.5, and then at least one patch was released even before the actual beta was available.

So you're answer still in conflict with this site's history, is your answer a new policy?

If so, why do you have a new policy?

This post has been edited by eatmyshorts!: Jan 6 2008, 06:26 AM

+Quote Post
eatmyshorts!
post Jan 14 2008, 01:50 AM
Post #17

Mess.bean

So no answer, no information, no mess patch...

Maybe there's some truth to the story.

Thanks guys was a nice run.

+Quote Post
Panarchy
post Jan 23 2008, 02:42 AM
Post #18

Mess.bean

Member No.: 31,704

No patch? msn_sad.gif

+Quote Post
Abhimanyu
post Dec 30 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #19

Mess.BelieveItOrNot!

Member No.: 6,604

i am unable to find mess patch 9 ? its a public beta now....

+Quote Post
-=KaaMoS=-
post Dec 30 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #20

Mess.bean

Member No.: 39,562

This is not correct...

WLM 9 is no more BETA.

The latest version that comes with Live Wave is 14.0.08050.1202

So this is a (public) Release Candidate version.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 03:09 AM
© 2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.