Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free development tools
timothy
post Sep 1 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Timothy
Member No.: 3

Want to make MSN Messenger programs the right way ? Consider using the following FREE (open source) editors:

C# / VB.net --- sharpdevelop
#develop (short for SharpDevelop) is a free IDE for C# and VB.NET projects on Microsoft's .NET platform. It is open-source (GPL), and you can download both sourcecode and executables from this site. In addition, you can find the latest information and changes on #develop, as well as get in touch with the team in the forum.

C++ --- DevC++
Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it's compiler. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler.

Python --- Python
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language. It is often compared to Tcl, Perl, Scheme or Java. Python combines remarkable power with very clear syntax. It has modules, classes, exceptions, very high level dynamic data types, and dynamic typing. There are interfaces to many system calls and libraries, as well as to various windowing systems (X11, Motif, Tk, Mac, MFC). New built-in modules are easily written in C or C++. Python is also usable as an extension language for applications that need a programmable interface. The Python implementation is portable: it runs on many brands of UNIX, on Windows, OS/2, Mac, Amiga, and many other platforms.

PHP (using COM) --- PHP
COM is an acronym for Component Object Model; it is an object orientated layer (and associated services) on top of DCE RPC (an open standard) and defines a common calling convention that enables code written in any language to call and interoperate with code written in any other language (provided those languages are COM aware). Not only can the code be written in any language, but it need not even be part of the same executable; the code can be loaded from a DLL, be found in another process running on the same machine, or, with DCOM (Distributed COM), be found in another process on a remote machine, all without your code even needing to know where a component resides.

Java --- Java
Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) provides a complete environment for applications development on desktops and servers. It also serves as the foundation for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and Java Web Services.

Java --- Borland JBuilder Foundation (scroll down to Foundation)
Get going with Java development on the Microsoft® Windows,® Linux,® Solaris,™ and Mac OS® X platforms. Foundation Edition provides you with the basics for speed coding and debugging with an integrated, powerful source code editor, graphical debugger, compiler, tutorials, and sample applications. Extend JBuilder using the included OpenTools API. JBuilder Foundation delivers a standards-based environment and integrated productivity features, including refactoring, code formatting, CodeInsight,™ ErrorInsight,™ Ant support, unit testing, Swing designer, and CVS version control. Best of all, it's free – even for commercial use.

Pascal (delphi) --- Dev-Pascal
Dev-Pascal is a full-featured integrated development environment (IDE), which is able to create Windows or console-based Pascal programs using the Free Pascal or GNU Pascal compilers. It can also handle the Insight Debugger, which you can also download here.

==================================

At this moment Visual studio .net 2005 beta is free of charge:
VB.net 2005 ( Visual basic 8 )
Visual C# 2005
Visual C++ 2005
Visual J# 2005
Visual Web Dev 2005
SQL Server 2005
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pre
post Dec 22 2004, 06:39 AM
Post #2

www.canpanel.tk

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,275

Thanks for the links msn_happy.gif

+Quote Post
Jeanhub
post Apr 21 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Oh yeah!

Member No.: 7,983

Thank you very much helpful msn_happy.gif

+Quote Post
dannyxxx
post Apr 21 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #4

Mess.Be Full Member

Member No.: 6,101

yea,thank you so much

+Quote Post
billgates
post Jun 7 2005, 02:36 AM
Post #5

Mess.beanie

Member No.: 9,038

thanks a lot.
cool links

+Quote Post
DuFFiN^
post Jun 25 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #6

UberPirate

Member No.: 3,123

Hey, im looking for the Borland Pascal 7.0 compiler, i've googled it and everything but still no luck! Can anyone guide me in the right direction? Thanks

+Quote Post
timothy
post Jun 25 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Timothy
Member No.: 3

Borland Pascal 7 aint free, the only free Pascal things from borland are Kylix, a linux pascal compiler / IDE. And ofcourse Turbo Pascal 5.5, a MS-Dos pascal compiler. All other borland pascal things aint free.

+Quote Post
DuFFiN^
post Jun 25 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #8

UberPirate

Member No.: 3,123

im willing t o pay fr pascaol, can i still haaaaave a klink fr pasclal 9bornaldn ting, thansgs

+Quote Post
compxlan
post Dec 8 2005, 09:13 AM
Post #9

Mess.beanie

Member No.: 15,058

QUOTE(DuFFiN^ @ Jun 26 2005, 07:57 AM)
im willing t o pay fr pascaol,  can i still haaaaave a klink     fr pasclal 9bornaldn ting,  thansgs
[right][snapback]69143[/snapback][/right]

http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/index.html

http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/pascal.shtml

+Quote Post
deAd
post Dec 18 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #10

Hi.

Member No.: 13,337

Is there a program I can open VB6 projects with?

+Quote Post
r9Paul
post Dec 18 2005, 09:55 PM
Post #11

Mess.beagle

Member No.: 9,843

QUOTE(deAd @ Dec 18 2005, 09:32 PM)
Is there a program I can open VB6 projects with?
[right][snapback]109214[/snapback][/right]

Visual Basic? msn_tongue.gif IIRC VB.NET/2005 have the ability to open VB6 projects and convert them, but I'm not too sure about that.

If you just want to see the code, open them with a text editor - its all plain text - but if you want to compile I think you will need VB6...

+Quote Post
deAd
post Dec 18 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #12

Hi.

Member No.: 13,337

i have Visual Basic Express 2005, it can't open them.,...

+Quote Post
r9Paul
post Dec 18 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #13

Mess.beagle

Member No.: 9,843

QUOTE(deAd @ Dec 18 2005, 10:08 PM)
i have Visual Basic Express 2005, it can't open them.,...
[right][snapback]109222[/snapback][/right]

yeah thats what I had - i thought it had a tool for opening older files, but in that case I doubt there is anything else that will open them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 01:19 AM
© 2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.