Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is this possible?
guedal
post Apr 28 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Mess.bean

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,348

I got astonished as I read today on my 10-year-old-daughter's Windows Live history a very harsh insult to one of her classmates. She denies to have written that, and in fact it was the only time I discover such a thing coming from her. The insult was precisely targeted, so the one who wrote it must know the girl. I ask: Is there any tool/hack (besides remote controlling the PC) that makes possible to someone else take control of my daugther's Windows Live and write this while the conversation keeps recorded on my daughter's computer? I put these constrains as using my daughter's password to log in from another computer is discarded, because the history wouldn't be stored on her computer. I reviewed the computer and looks clean from remote control software, so that's why I ask for your knowledge on the existance of such a tool. Otherwise, I will have to talk seriously with her after school.

Thanks

This post has been edited by guedal: Apr 28 2009, 11:27 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord d'Eath
post Apr 28 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #2

Web2Messenger Creator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,988

No such tools exist that I know of. As you say, if someone had logged in with her account on another computer, the history would have been stored there instead of on your daughter's computer.

One thing to bear in mind is that it is very easy for someone to copy someone else's name and make it look as if someone said something that they didn't. Someone your daughter was talking to could have changed their screen name to whatever it is that your daughter uses as her screen name, sent the message, then changed their name back. If we're talking about an insulting message sent to its target (i.e. "You are <random insult>" rather than "I think that <someone> is <random insult>"), that seems unlikely, though - why would they be insulting themselves? Of course, the exception to this is in a multi-person conversation (between 3+ people).

It's also possible that if she's had a friend round recently, the friend could have sent that message while she was out of the room, or similar. It's worth considering.

I'd say that, while it's no doubt possible that your daughter didn't say what you believe she did, in all likelihood, she probably did.

+Quote Post
guedal
post Apr 29 2009, 07:10 AM
Post #3

Mess.bean

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,348

Thanks for your answer. At last, my daugther confessed she was who wrote the message. Closed case.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th March 2019 - 01:53 AM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.