IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Various Questions about WLM 2009 (14.0.8064.206)
goku262002
post Apr 9 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Official Burger King Master.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,435

Ok i just updated messenger a couple of days ago and this new one confuses the **** out of me. Can you guys help me figure out some things? Here they are:

1. How can i change a contact's window color? i use to seprate my contacts by colored windows and since ive updated i cant find the option to change the color on a contact window just the contact list.

2. My contact list is lagging allot. How can i fix this?

3. What the hell is wlcomm.exe? and why does it close messenger everytime i close it in task?

4. How do i get out of this round looking messenger and get my outlines back? i hate the round vista look.

5. How do i get rid of email contacts in my contact list now?

Thats all for now. but ill probably come across some more thanks for helping.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Apr 9 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 870

1. You can't any more I'm afraid. A feature I very much hate myself for exactly the same reason. However if you go to Tools within the conversation window, and then uncheck use default scene you will see your contacts scene. Again I very much hate this.

2. Not sure, do you have a large number of contacts? I don't have many and do not have a problem.

3. wlcomm.exe Windows Live Messenger Contacts Server

4. Not sure

5. You mean like what was the Non-Instant Messaging contacts group? I'm not sure on that as I can't find an option for it. I will dig around for you.

+Quote Post
goku262002
post Apr 11 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Natalie. @ Apr 9 2009, 11:52 AM) *
1. You can't any more I'm afraid. A feature I very much hate myself for exactly the same reason. However if you go to Tools within the conversation window, and then uncheck use default scene you will see your contacts scene. Again I very much hate this.

2. Not sure, do you have a large number of contacts? I don't have many and do not have a problem.

3. wlcomm.exe Windows Live Messenger Contacts Server

4. Not sure

5. You mean like what was the Non-Instant Messaging contacts group? I'm not sure on that as I can't find an option for it. I will dig around for you.

1. DAMNIT!!! Im really hoping i can find skripts for 9 cause they took out allot that was in 8.

2. i have 78 contacts. what that really lag it?

3. Still what is it and what does it have to do with my messenger? Why does it eat up soo much space?

4. damn. again i hope someone make some skripts with plus!

5. I can tell that some are just email contacts because of no custom contact nickname by me. im very anal about contacts because of my forgetful memory.

+Quote Post
Lord d'Eath
post Apr 11 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #4

Web2Messenger Creator
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,988

QUOTE (goku262002 @ Apr 11 2009, 06:07 AM) *
2. i have 78 contacts. what that really lag it?

54 contacts isn't lagging mine at all. Get a better computer? Or use a third party client that isn't so pretty.

QUOTE (goku262002 @ Apr 11 2009, 06:07 AM) *
3. Still what is it and what does it have to do with my messenger? Why does it eat up soo much space?

Define "so much space". On this computer it's using 8,580K memory, which is less than a quarter of the amount that WLM's using and 0.0028% of my computer's total RAM, so it's not exactly worth worrying about.

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Apr 11 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Member No.: 870

For me wlcomm is using 27,436k compared to 76,292 K that WLM is using (I'm on a pretty rubbishy computer). I don't think 74 contacts is a large number so that shouldn't be a reason for the lagging (I have 47). The idea of wlcomm is to keep your contacts' information up to date and to improve sign in speed for this reason (apparently so anyway). The only lagging I'd say I get is when everything loads right after I sign in.

I can't seem to find anything to get rid of the email addresses (even the view messenger contacts by email has gone). I did a little experiment as I still have 8.5 on here also. I signed into 8.5, set non instant messaging contacts to show, signed out and then signed into 9.0 and they were gone. IS your email address hotmail by any chance? I've gone into a non messenger contact in my hotmail contacts and have found a use in messenger option. I'll experiment with that later.

+Quote Post
goku262002
post Apr 14 2009, 06:07 AM
Post #6

Ok moar questions:

6. I cant post links for some reason. for example if i try to post "http://www.google.com/" and try to send it to someone ill get an error cannot send message but if i send it as "http://google.com/" it'll go through. whats going on?

7. The stupid security measures are annoying the **** out of me i like to send and receive files without warning me or scanning everything it comes across and even denying me files for my own good when i know they are safe. how do i stop it from being soo overprotective?

~~~~~~~~

Yes my email is a [at]hotmail[dot]com address. would that really effect my contact list? wlcomm.exe takes up normally 28,180K as a start messenger just takes up 33,000K total. so do i have to turn off this "use in messenger" option on every one of my non-messenger contacts in hotmail?

This post has been edited by goku262002: Apr 14 2009, 06:10 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th March 2019 - 01:52 AM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.