Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something wrong with connections between contacts..., ...or something
Zsu-Zsu
post Mar 1 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #1

Mess.bean

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,542

Hello, sorry to be vague about this - I've looked all over the place but I can't find anyone who's got the same problem.

I have a friend who I can never see appear online. I used to be able to, then the other day he started talking to me and it said he was appearing offline. When I berated him for doing so (I couldn't send him a file) he said he wasn't appearing offline... but I thought it was probably just a temporary glitch so I ignored it.
The trouble is, it's been the same for the past few days.
I tried deleting him from my contacts list then re-adding him, and getting him to do the same. I've even tried re-installing Windows Live, but still the same problem...

He has to initiate the conversation, since I can't see him online. But once the conversation's been started it mostly works for me to send messages back to him, only if I initiate the conversation it says the messages can't be delivered; as it does sometimes during the process of the conversation after he's initiated it.

I know it might sound a bit weird, I know for a fact that he's not blocked me or anything, so obviously that's one of the first things ruled out... and it's only done it with him; no-one else.

Does anyone have any idea what might have gone wrong? And what might fix it? I'm really running out of ideas...

(P.S. I'm using Vista, if that's relevant)
And if anyone's wondering how I managed to work all this out with him whilst he's been unreachable... all I can say is thank feck for Facebook Chat!

This post has been edited by Zsu-Zsu: Mar 1 2009, 12:23 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RebelSean
post Mar 1 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #2

Mess.becauseican
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 83

Quick question, did you use any switcher service when Windows Live was announced? In laymens terms:

Did you use any Microsoft service to switch from @hotmail.xx to @live.xx, @windowslive.xx, etc etc?

I hope you get what I'm asking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2018 - 09:07 AM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.