IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Messenger Virus Information
Lukeyy19
post Aug 6 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #181

Call me insane again, and i'll eat your other eye!

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,434

try XoftSpy SE, if that doesnt pick it up i dont know what will

you'll have to manually go to file loacations and remove things as its only a trial, but its not that much effort and it will be worth it if it removes it msn_up.gif

have a look

XoftSpy SE on Download.com

also i would suggest making sure Messenger is closed (fully) when you scan and remove, just to be sure...

This post has been edited by Lukeyy19: Aug 6 2007, 05:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Aug 6 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #182

Mess.beyondanyhealthnorms
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 870

I'm sure people have reported this a few times now but yet to find out what it is. Having browsed I found this.

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/securit...-99&tabid=1

You could look on technical details and then look through your computer to see if this is the case.

In the mean time I will continue browsing.

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/securit...-072302-0958-99

+Quote Post
freak544
post Aug 6 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #183

Mess.bean

Member No.: 20,828

Ok thank you for your help

I Uninstalled and installed WLM 8.1 and the problem still happened so i turned my laptop off by holding the power button

When it turned on it done a disk check

Since then the problem has seemed to gone but i don't know if it will be back

If it comes back I will let you know

I hope the solution I used works

+Quote Post
Ameliiya
post Aug 7 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #184

Mess.bean

Member No.: 29,348

I got a virus warning from my anti-virus program today and before i could even do anything every person on my msn that was online had been msged this one or more times:

pp.gif ugly URL Removed

As soon as they click it they have the virus. I downloaded SuperAntiVirus and that seemed to get rid of it along with other viruses on my computer. So i suggested that my friend do the same thing but he's run the scan twice and that virus is still there. Really getting to my wits end on how to get rid of this. I've been googling crap for the last two hours. Any help would be appreciated.

+Quote Post
Lukeyy19
post Aug 7 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #185

Call me insane again, and i'll eat your other eye!

Member No.: 13,434

QUOTE(Ameliiya @ Aug 7 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]168744[/snapback]
I got a virus warning from my anti-virus program today and before i could even do anything every person on my msn that was online had been msged this one or more times:

pp.gif ugly URL Removed

As soon as they click it they have the virus. I downloaded SuperAntiVirus and that seemed to get rid of it along with other viruses on my computer. So i suggested that my friend do the same thing but he's run the scan twice and that virus is still there. Really getting to my wits end on how to get rid of this. I've been googling crap for the last two hours. Any help would be appreciated.

tried everything suggested in this topic?

+Quote Post
Shoop
post Aug 7 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #186

Mess.bedlam

Group: *Valued Members
Member No.: 755

The most certain way to get rid of a virus is to do it manually.

[google]hijackthis[/google]

Download that, stick it on your desktop, and run it. Make it do a scan - but don't tick any boxes, get it to produce a log file and attach it to this thread, i'll let you know what to do there after.

+Quote Post
Trev29ca
post Aug 22 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #187

Mess.bean

Member No.: 29,723

I recently recieved a virus on msn messenger titled " me2007" it is form of a zip file, size 38.8 KB (39,754 bytes).... i ran norton 2007, it didnt find it, it finds the files, but does nothing... AVG says it healed them. when i looked into it further, it said not healable.... can someone on here please tell me how to rid of this virus? as it is sending to everyone on my contact list, who is online, after it sends, i cannot send messages, all i see is a quick flash of chats opening then closing, maybe half a second flash... after this happens, i cannot send messages.... although i am able to change my screen name warning my contacts not to open anything my messenger sends to them, as it is a virus.... i did find the virus where it was hiding, i deleted it, but it is still screwing up my msn messenger

any help on this virus would be cool. msn_cool.gif

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Aug 23 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #188

Group Icon

Try what Shoop said.

+Quote Post
Xuncu
post Sep 27 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #189

Mess.bean

Member No.: 30,634

QUOTE(Trev29ca @ Aug 22 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]169144[/snapback]
I recently recieved a virus on msn messenger titled " me2007" it is form of a zip file, size 38.8 KB (39,754 bytes).... i ran norton 2007, it didnt find it, it finds the files, but does nothing... AVG says it healed them. when i looked into it further, it said not healable.... can someone on here please tell me how to rid of this virus? as it is sending to everyone on my contact list, who is online, after it sends, i cannot send messages, all i see is a quick flash of chats opening then closing, maybe half a second flash... after this happens, i cannot send messages.... although i am able to change my screen name warning my contacts not to open anything my messenger sends to them, as it is a virus.... i did find the virus where it was hiding, i deleted it, but it is still screwing up my msn messenger

any help on this virus would be cool. msn_cool.gif

Got similar, only diff is it's about 50 kb (and makes me wonder what else it has and is doing... ), and I don't know what to look for to delete the virus directly. I've tried other kinds of scanners and stuff, but nothing has killed it yet.

Here's the Hijack this file: http://h1.ripway.com/ucnux/sound/hijackthis-msnm.txt

Also, do you know where the virus hides? For example, if I want to reformat my PC to kill it, do I have to sacrifice all the files I've saved since my last data backup? Or can I still save all my art pics to my external HD (which has not been connected since well before the infection, and I had only been using it for art, music, video, ect file storage)?

*wouldn't let me edit other post*

The first Hijackthis scan was with MSNm turned off. Here's the scan, with MSNm on: http://h1.ripway.com/ucnux/sound/hijackthis-msnm2.txt

And adding to my "will it or won't it pass on to my external HD" worries: can you say with certianty that it won't (if you don't think so)?

Posts merged - Natalie

+Quote Post
Shoop
post Sep 27 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #190

Mess.bedlam

Group: *Valued Members
Member No.: 755

I'm sorry, I no longer have the time to go through hijack this log files. I shouldn't have really posted to attach log files to this thread as this isn't a spyware cleaning forum.

Hijack this lists a bunch of forums where you can post your log file and the community will help you, but I've found a website which does the job automatically, click here and submit your log file, it will tell you which items are potentially dangerous.

Looks like your biggest problem is system32/explorer.exe.

Remember, when removing these items, do it in safe mode, otherwise they'll probably put themselves back on start up.

Good luck!

+Quote Post
Hoie
post Nov 1 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #191

Mess.bean

Member No.: 31,400

I got one of those virus's from 1 if my friends but it was called "image1"

+Quote Post
theredmax
post Feb 7 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #192

Mess.bean

Member No.: 33,512

So far I have received two messages from my flatmate - despite her being offline and downstairs.

The first is a message saying "http://www.esyazilimli.info/list msn_wink.gif"

and then later "http://www.trombolism.info/list msn_wink.gif"

Both are obviously dodgy sites but how can she stop her MSN sending these out ?

Any help much appreciated.

Max

+Quote Post
northman
post Feb 15 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #193

Mess.bean

Member No.: 10,508

QUOTE(theredmax @ Feb 7 2008, 10:20 AM) [snapback]173078[/snapback]
So far I have received two messages from my flatmate - despite her being offline and downstairs.

The first is a message saying "http://www.esyazilimli.info/list msn_wink.gif"

and then later "http://www.trombolism.info/list msn_wink.gif"

Both are obviously dodgy sites but how can she stop her MSN sending these out ?

Any help much appreciated.

Max

Bump - can anyone answer this?. I just received a message stating

http://www.xnetspeed.com/

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Feb 15 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #194

Group Icon

Change your password apparently.
It's a trojan, and I still have yet to identify it specifically (http://www.xnetspeed.com/). If you click on a link in MSN Messenger (as a lot of us know), it will download and install a trojan.

I have 2 MSN Messenger accounts; one for work, one for home. My home one is on Linux, my work one on Windows XP. Guess which one got hacked.

Yep, the work one. I ended up having to reset the password for it, the works. For a just in case, I reset my personal one, too.

Just thought i'd alert you all that it's a-goin' 'round again.

+Quote Post
northman
post Feb 15 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #195

Mess.bean

QUOTE(Natalie. @ Feb 15 2008, 12:59 AM) [snapback]173179[/snapback]
Change your password apparently.

Yup, did that. What I'm wondering is are there any files left behind by this worm that I could be deleting or is it all server-side?

-AJ

+Quote Post
*Nat*
post Feb 15 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #196

Group Icon

I haven't heard of this virus so I wouldn't really know. Tried a virus scan? And has it stopped after changing your password?

+Quote Post
northman
post Feb 16 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #197

Mess.bean

Changing my password appears to work. I also ran the virus scanner at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and it picked up a password stealer program called crck_winp.b which I removed. I think that's got it. If anyone gets the same worm/virus, please post here. This one steals passwords and sends out messages containing links to http://www.xnetspeed.com/ and
http://www.uygunkayit.info/list. Don't open those links BTW!

-AJ

+Quote Post
tangellion
post Feb 17 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #198

Mess.bean

Member No.: 33,748

my friend has one these viruses. they send out various website links but they always end with info/list. It must be fairly new because I have not found much about it on the internet. Also my virus checker did not detect it probably because it's not an actual virus more of a clever phisher. No doubt we'll hear more about this one in the near future.

+Quote Post
maru
post Apr 25 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #199

Mess.bean

Member No.: 35,219

I just contracted something from a random link. (I won't bother establishing it. It's obviously rare.)

But a few questions ~

1. Having already scanned via multiple updated definitions (AVG, Symantec), changed my hotmail account password, and even used Hijack to reveal no particular threats whatsoever, is there still a good chance I'm infected? My contact noted that 'he' automatically was.

2. Are these hacks more commonly issued through the individual's infected files, or instead by an outside source operating a plethora of commands through pathways of those of us dumbfounded enough to click the link in the first place?

Thank ~ You

This post has been edited by maru: Apr 25 2008, 12:19 PM

+Quote Post
www elinkbag com
post Mar 22 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #200

Mess.bean

Member No.: 47,971

QUOTE (natalzimayzi @ Jan 27 2005, 05:12 PM) *
That's good then, I'm scanning my computer now though anyway and it's clear. I have Nortan Anti Virus 2003 which does live updates continuously and it has just done one so yes it's up to date.

Pls help me! my MSN account can not be log in but through hotmail box can be log in, account and password not worng, but can not be log in the MSN Messenger Frame,there always show the log in wrong messenger here,pls help me! MSN : elinkbag[at]hotmail[dot]com or www.elinkbag.com

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:55 PM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.