Post #1

Mess.becauseican
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 83

Frequently Asked Question about Msn Messenger 7

Q. Can i use deluxe display pictures (animated dp's) ?[/b]
A. You can now use them in Msn Messenger FINAL

Q. Why is my Msn Messenger 7 acting weird and very slow ?
A. Maybe you PC isn't fast enough to use MSN Messenger 7 - Or you just don't have the compatible system settings.

Q. When will MSN Messenger 7 be released?
A. It's out! http://messenger.msn.com

Q. I want Msn Messenger 7 in my mother tongue . How can I get it ?
A. At the moment there is only Msn Messenger 7 in english . You can use patches , but we can't guarantee they will work . Use them on your own risk.

Q. Why isn't my handwriting displaying?
A. If you don't have it installed already, install Windows Journal Viewer or Microsoft's Ink Redist. (SEE HOWTO BELOW)

Q. How do I clear my sign in list of names/passports?
A. Control Panel > User Accounts > [click on your account] > click Manage my network passwords [top-left] > Choose an address and click Delete

Q. When is MSN Messenger 7.0 scheduled for FINAL release?
A. It's said to be in March, but it's been pushed back before so it MIGHT get pushed back further.

Q. How do I get a Msn Spaces acount?
A. Goto http://spaces.msn.com Sign in with your passport, and make you one.

Q. What is this little gold star in my contact list beside someone's name?
A. It is a sign that your contact has updated there Msn Spaces blog.

Q. I have updated my blog, but my contacts don't see the little gold star?
A. You, and your contact MUST have Msn Messenger 7 installed.

Q. Is there a Stuff Plug NG version for Msn Messenger 7.0?
A. Yes, you can find it at: http://www.stuffplug.com/

Q. Is there a Messenger Plus! version for Msn Messenger 7.0?
A. Yes, you can find it at: http://www.msgplus.net

Q Can I use one skin on one account of my computer, and the default skin on another account on computer?
A: Yes.

Log-in to your account. Apply the skin YOU want to use, reboot. Login to your account again. Navigate to C:\Program Files. Find the Msn Messenger Folder. Right click, hit copy. Copy to another folder, E.G. My Documents. Then, repair your msn messenger (Will get default themes back on msn messengers.) THEN, go to were you copied YOUR msn messenger folder, find msnmsgr, rright click, send to desktop (Delete your OLD link on desktop if you had it). This should work.

Q. How can I set my currently playing music as my Personal Message?
A.. Please follow the following tutorial made by Timothy and Dwergs:

Windows Media Player 9 and 10:

How to Enable:

1) Select the little arrow pointing downwards, below your nickname and to the right of your Personal Message area.

2) Click Turn on "What I'm Listening To so it appears checked like in the screenshot below.

user posted image

3) Make sure it is enabled in Windows Media Player.

user posted image

How to Disable:

1) Select the little arrow pointing downwards, below your nickname and to the right of your Personal Message area.

2) Click Turn on "What I'm Listening To" so it appears UNchecked.

3) (Optional) Disable the plugin in your WMP settings.

iTunes 4.7:

How to Enable:

1) Disable the option "Minimize iTunes Window to System Tray".

2) Select the little arrow pointing downwards, below your nickname and to the right of your Personal Message area.

3) Click Turn on "What I'm Listening To so it appears checked.

How to Disable:

2) Click Turn on "What I'm Listening To so it appears UNchecked.

3) (Optional) Minimize iTunes to tray.

Winamp 5.x:

How to Enable:

1) Download and install the MSN Messenger Music plugin or alternatively unzip Toaster's gen_toaster.dll into your Winamp plugins directory (shut down Winamp completely before installation).

2) Select the little arrow pointing downwards, below your nickname and to the right of your Personal Message area.

3) Click Turn on "What I'm Listening To so it appears checked.

How to Disable:

2) Click Turn on "What I'm Listening To" so it appears UNchecked.

3) (Optional) Uninstall the MSN Messenger Music plugin or Toaster.

How to use both Msn Messenger 7.0 and Msn Messenger 6.2 Together:

1. Install Msn Messenger v7.0
2. Navigate to: "C:\Program Files" .
3. Find the folder named "Msn Messenger".
4. Right Click on the Folder.
5. Hit "Rename".
6. Type in the dialog something random, ex: "Msn Messenger 7.0".
7. Install Msn Messenger v6.2.

Then:
Install the Poligamy Patch for Msn Messenger v6.2, which you can download at:
http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?a...87abc1e2de9292c

Then install the Poligamy Patch for Msn Messenger 7.0 Beta, which you can get at: http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?a...download&id=578

There you go. You have can have BOTH versions of Msn Messenger, and you can now use both of them at the same time.

XeroCool Way: If you have Msn Messenger 6.x pt , Go to:
1.C:\Program Files\Msn Messenger\ and rename Msn Messenger to something else like (Msn Messenger 6.2).
2.Open Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> Regedit) and find: KKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Msn Messenger.
3.Then you will see about 8 registry names. Double Click on: Installation Directory.
4. Rename C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger to the folder you renamed Msn Messenger in step 1.
5. Click Ok.
6. Now, Exit the Registry Editor.
7. Download 6.x patch: http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?a...87abc1e2de9292c
7. Go & Download Msn Messenger 7.x from the site you want & you will install it perfectly. msn_happy.gif
If you have Msn Messenger 7.0 Installed and want to have Msn Messenger 6.x also, Remove 7.0 and download 6.x and do it from there.

How to use both Msn Messenger 7.5 and Windows Live Messenger 8.0 Together:

Just the same was as using 6.2 and 7.0 together but using 7.5 and WLM instead. Another tutorial here:

QUOTE(level42 @ Jan 8 2006, 06:08 PM)
This is just a quick tutorial on how I managed to run both MSN Messenger 7.5 and Windows Live Messenger 8.0 Beta, at the same time. (It's real easy)

Step 1:
Download and install the more recent public version of MSN Messenger (7.5.0311 or 322 after the patch)

Step 2:
Download the corrisponding Mess Patch (322) and "enable polygamy".

Step 3:
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to "C:/Program Files/". Rename the folder MSN Messenger 7.5 was installed in to MSN Messenger 7.5 "instead of just MSN Messenger"

NOTE: This is extremely important because if you install Windows Live Messenger after, it will just over write MSN Messenger.

Step 4:
After renaming the folder, go ahead and install Windows Live Messenger.

Step 5:
Navigate to the installed directories,
"C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger 7.5" - MSN Messenger
"C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger" - Windows Live Messenger
And create "ShortCuts" to the desktop for both "msnmsgr.exe" porcesses in these folders.

Step 6:
Run them both and sign in!

WARNING!
You will need 2 (two) different accounts. One for each, msn and wlm!

user posted image
[right][snapback]114870[/snapback][/right]

Handwriting F.A.Q.'s:

First off you need Msn Messenger v7.0, and you need Windows XP/2000. If you don't have those, you might as weel stop reading from here on out.

First you need to download any version of Msn Messenger v7.0, there is a STICKY with download links.
Click here for the Download Link page

Next you must have Windows Journal Viewer installed on your machine.

Then you just hit the Handwriting Tab in a conversation, and draw with your mouse.

Now ya got Handwriting msn_grin.gif.

QUOTE(Microsoft Msn Messenger Team)
Not all computers can use the new Ink feature.  The feature requires Windows 2000/XP and the Microsoft® Journal Viewer to be installed on both the sending and receiving computer.  You can install the Journal Viewer free of charge at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en or by using Windows Update.

How To Use The Ink Feature
QUOTE(Microsoft Msn Messenger Team)
1.       Open a conversation window with a contact
2.       Click on Handwriting tab at the bottom of the conversation window
3.       Using your mouse, draw something in the open area of the Send Message pane
4.       Change your pen color and size
5.       Erase some of your drawing
6.       Click send
7.       Verify that you contact can see what you’ve sent
8.       Try to find and enable the Grid feature

I am looking for people to help me update this F.A.Q. frequently, and for the new MSN Messenger 7.0 Final Release. If you would like to have things added, please PM a member of staff, and we will add them to this post. Thanks msn_happy.gif. Special thanks to XtR0n Ak3R pp.gif.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:37 PM
© 2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.