Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Messenger install via Hotmail.com
detn8r
post Dec 2 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Mess.beaver

Group: News Scout
Member No.: 18

At my school, when people access hotmail.com, MSN Messenger installs without knowledge, and without permission. The network administrator put a retarded style block upon the install of Messenger, so it lags the hell out of Hotmail.
My question is: is there a way to access HOTMAIL.COM without Hotmail installing, or atleast asking for permission?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HeLLoM0T0
post Dec 2 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Mess.beanie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,116

Wow, you must have incredibly crap computers... installs without permission? I never heard of that!

Try installing mozilla firefox or netscape and see what happens. IE is probably you're problem.

+Quote Post
raceprouk
post Dec 2 2004, 08:21 PM
Post #3

Mess.beetle

Member No.: 749

QUOTE(detn8r @ Dec 2 2004, 06:35 PM)
At my school, when people access hotmail.com, MSN Messenger installs without knowledge, and without permission. The network administrator put a retarded style block upon the install of Messenger, so it lags the hell out of Hotmail.
My question is: is there a way to access HOTMAIL.COM without Hotmail installing, or atleast asking for permission?
[right][snapback]20415[/snapback][/right]

It's not being installed by Hotmail, it's already there. It's just that Hotmail starts it.
Also, the admin, if he/she knew what they were doing, would have just disabled access to the program properly. There's a program on the Plus forums that disables Windows Messenger properly.

+Quote Post
BaDz
post Dec 2 2004, 09:30 PM
Post #4

mess. no idea at all

Member No.: 1,635

QUOTE(raceprouk @ Dec 2 2004, 11:21 PM)
It's not being installed by Hotmail, it's already there. It's just that Hotmail starts it.
Also, the admin, if he/she knew what they were doing, would have just disabled access to the program properly. There's a program on the Plus forums that disables Windows Messenger properly.
[right][snapback]20480[/snapback][/right]

well those old aged admins at school are crap at computers, not like us youngsters ofcourse msn_wink.gif, our school had many precutions on using the internet, the admin constantly kept blocking most of the fun sites, but eventually us students over-rided the blocked sites and made it open for others with the admins knowledge ofcourse msn_wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 09:02 AM
2004-2008 Seb Skuse, mess.be.
MessForum v6.1.4 - created for, and for use only by mess.be.