Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CustoMess 3
Mess with MSN Messenger > Messenger Knowledge > Messenger Announcements and News
timothy
Iím going to post screenshots, movies, or other things here previewing CustoMess 3, Iím not going to explain them, just use your imagination, to start off here's the first movie (requires flash player 8).

CustoMess 3 preview 1
alexp2_ad
LOL! I could never fault a bulgy face chuck norris. Rock on. msn_wink.gif
deAd
Woohoo, this is gonna rock!
.zero
Wow, that looks really good. Use our imaginations, ey Timothy? msn_thinking.gif msn_wink.gif
quickflixz
looks interesting.can't wait for more screens..
ice_king
......i don't like chuck norris noreply.gif-->msn_mad.gif
Zero1
QUOTE(timothy @ Mar 14 2006, 12:01 AM)
Iím going to post screenshots, movies, or other things here previewing CustoMess 3, Iím not going to explain them, just use your imagination, to start off here's the first movie (requires flash player 8).

CustoMess 3 preview 1
[right][snapback]127058[/snapback][/right]

Damn, why did you remove the music from the vid... msn_wink.gif.

But good as always mr. timmy!
timothy
QUOTE(Zero1 @ Mar 14 2006, 06:16 PM)
Damn, why did you remove the music from the vid... msn_wink.gif.

But good as always mr. timmy!
[right][snapback]127124[/snapback][/right]

Because it wasnt supposed to be there in the first place msn_rolleyes.gif
hmaster
Lol, nice work msn_up.gif
mattm591
Hmm, not sure really how useful a feature like that would be.. but we'll see. Hope the old version will still be around for those who don't want 'improvements'.
And maybe you could consider bringing this out on more than just Windows.. like say Linux with aMsn support or sumink msn_dunno.gif even adding aMsn support for Windows as well would be super nice!
timothy
Dont worry, the "old" stuff will still be on the main screen, and will be kept updated. The current custom content modules are a pain in the arse to create and manage, and dont even try to imagine how much bandwith/server CPU its allready using.

So thats why Im focussing more on using the local computer for generating stuff + installing it. And I am going to make it accessible for other developers via some flash api thingies (mumble).

And maybe later, there will be a light version for Linux, but after this version OS-x gets it first.
Benô
QUOTE(timothy @ Mar 15 2006, 06:37 AM)
And maybe later, there will be a light version for Linux, but after this version OS-x gets it first.
[right][snapback]127156[/snapback][/right]

Will be the best version yet msn_grin.gif

Any chance of Adium support in CustoMac?
RebelSean
Lookin good msn_happy.gif. Can't wait to get it before everyone else msn_demon.gif.
Jamesmsn
Im guessing Customess3 is going to be flash based?
deAd
they all are...
timothy
Look, another movie, showing one of the advanced webcam to display picture features:
user posted image
See the movie!
hmaster
msn_surprised.gif tht is leet. how does it actually work tho?
timothy
trying not to get to complicated but:

Flash captures your webcam and streams the frames to bitmaps. The bitmap data is cloned to multiple layers, the bottom layer is the raw webcam output, the second layer first gets a specular bloom calculation (something like glow, but better), then it gets blurred, gets a colour / contrast / hue adjustment, and then is added to the first layer with a xor calculation msn_happy.gif

And Im not going to tell yet how im letting flash communicate with messenger directly yet, but once its released Ill probably allow plugins to be made by other people.

Customess 3 can use the following formats to create custom dp/ce/bg:

- webcams
- flv capture (like youtube movies)
- local and remote png, bmp, jpeg and static gif files
- flash vectors

Added a thumbnail to the post of a picture that I imported directly into messenger
deAd
Flash itself can't communicate with Messenger alone, can it? You need to pass something to the programming language and do it. Thats why if you try to use Customess 2.5 from it's website, nothing happens when you click.
timothy
customess 3 will ditch IE
deAd
I know, but you still need the exe to transfer the calls to the content installer...
Flamez
any ideas on a release date?
fry010
sounds good
trivita
msn_dunno.gif
my customess doesnt work now
i have vb-runtime and flashplayer 9
customess juust wont install any thing to my WLM

is that due to flashplayer 9?
fry010
The version of Customess that i have doesnt put the things i want into WLM, i think it conflicts with Yahoo! messenger because Yahoo! messenger says: ''wrong infomation file please try again'' and WLM doesnt get anything, any help?
deAd
This isn't a support thread. If you need help with Customess, make a thread in Addon Discussion.
fry010
kk i will thx
haha
when will it be coming out
SysStream
can't wait to feel the l33tness of webcam DP msn_wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.